Thank you for putting the twinkle back in the eyes of sick children
Hundreds of young patients and their families spent the Holidays in the Hospital this year. Thanks to your donation, you help build The Little Brats Constellations and made sick children’s Holiday season brighter. Thank you!
The Little Brats Constellations
Kids can be sometimes unruly. Rambunctious. Loud. Strong-willed. Who cares? At The Children’s, we prefer our kids to be spirited, even a little bratty – anything but sick. A bratty kid is a healthy kid. And healthy kids have one thing in common: they have a special twinkle in their eyes.
Yet this Holiday season, hundreds of sick children will be at The Children’s, away from the warmth of family and friends. But each and every Quebecer can help put the twinkle back in their eyes and make their Holidays a little brighter by becoming part of the movement to light up The Children’s with The Little Brats Constellations.
How it works
From December 2nd until December 31st, donors can make a difference in the life of a sick child by going online at littlebratsconstellations.ca to purchase a star or one of several whimsical constellations.
- $5 to light up one star
- $15 to light up three stars and receive a tax receipt
- $25 to light up a constellation
- $100 to light up a constellation and send a Caramel stuffed toy to a young patient at The Children's
Donations can also be made in person at the Place des Arts Christmas Market, Thursday to Sunday, from November 25th to December 19th.
The Little Brats Constellations light up The Children's
The collective impact of donors’ generosity will be visible each evening as the constellations grow brighter and brighter on the outside back wall of The Children's. It will be a spectacular display. The constellations will also come to life online, moving through their celestial world and interacting with each other in a dazzling display of movement and light. A new constellation will be revealed weekly on Facebook at @lechildren.
“This first-of-its-kind fundraising initiative is sure to enchant Quebecers young and old,” says Renée Vézina, President of The Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation. “By purchasing a star or maybe even an entire constellation, each gift will help brighten the Holidays for our young patients and their families.”
Donations that go a long way
Funds raised will go towards the Healthy Kids Fund, which supports the Hospital’s most urgent needs, including:
- Child health research funding;
- Support for clinical programs and special allied health projects such as music therapy and child-life activities to make the holidays easier for kids in the Hospital;
- Support for tertiary and quaternary surgical care;
- Tiny Tim, a program that allows social workers to go above and beyond to help families financially devastated by their child’s illness, particularly during the holidays;
- And much more.