Awards of Excellence 2021
All nominations must be received by Friday, June 18th, 2021. For more information, please contact Louise Whitty.
Every year, the Awards of Excellence recognize the work of the Children's staff and community leaders who set the standards for excellence in their fields. Because of their exceptional dedication, the Children’s continues to find unexpected ways to heal and help give young patient back their fighting spirit. Candidates are nominated by their coworkers and recipients are selected by a committee, which is composed of their peers.
Discover the recipients of our previous editions:
The following criteria must be considered when submitting your nomination.
- Nominees should be members of the Children’s community.
- Nominees must have made an outstanding contribution to the Children’s and to the health and well-being of young patients and their families.
- Nominations may be made across all disciplines.
- Select your nomination from the category descriptions. The Foundation reserves the right to transfer the nominee to a category it deems more appropriate.
- Please include all pertinent documents including the completed nomination form and two additional endorsements (name and contact information) by peers or Hospital staff. You may also include the nominee’s CV or a short bio, should you feel it would strengthen the nomination.
Administrative and Clinical Support Staff
Awarded to a member of the administrative and clinical support staff who has demonstrated remarkable initiative in improving the well-being of patients and/or in enhancing the quality of life at work.
Awarded to a physician whose exceptional patient care, superior knowledge, teaching skills and accessibility to the Hospital community are an inspiration to others.
Awarded to a manager and/or professional staff member whose knowledge and devotion have significantly improved the quality of life and/or quality of care for the children and families that the Hospital serves.
Awarded to a researcher from our Hospital community whose initiatives have made a unique and significant contribution to pediatric care.
Awarded to a nurse whose dedication to the pediatric mission serves as a model. This recipient has provided outstanding care to children and their families with exceptional knowledge coupled with unique teaching and mentoring abilities.
Awarded to the group who exemplifies teamwork and whose knowledge and devotion have significantly improved the quality of life and/or quality of care for the children and families that the Hospital serves.
Community Leadership and Volunteer
Awarded to an influential volunteer in the community who has advocated for our Hospital and whose contribution to the Children’s has been marked by exceptional leadership and service.
Nicolas W. Matossian Junior Community
Awarded to a child or adolescent whose exemplary initiative has made a significant difference to the well-being of his/her peers. The award is named in honour of Nicolas W. Matossian, whose courageous battle with his illness inspired other children to give back.
For more information, please contact Louise.
Awards are in the amount of $25,000 and will be disbursed as follows:
- Each recipient will receive up to $1,000 to use at his/her discretion.
- $9,000 will be directed towards an area of need in the Hospital chosen by the recipient.
- The remaining $15,000 will be used to help the Hospital meet its most urgent priorities.
You can be part of an exclusive group of sponsors for the Awards of Excellence, intended to recognize the outstanding work being done at the Children’s. You will have a unique opportunity to directly deliver the prize to your recipient and meet the most influential members of the Children's community.
Funds raised through the Awards of Excellence go to the Healthy Kids Fund, which supports research, teaching and clinical care.
Seize this wonderful opportunity to invest in the health of children and promote your corporate image.
To sponsor an Award of Excellence or to receive the sponsorship package, please contact Angela Vahaviolos.