Awards of Excellence 2020
Awards of Excellence
For nearly 115 years, the Montreal Children’s Hospital has relied on the work of outstanding professionals who go above and beyond to create a unique environment of love, healing and bonding for the Children’s young patients. Every year, this work is recognized through the Awards of Excellence, presented to the hospital personnel and community leaders who set the standards for excellence in their fields. Candidates are nominated by their coworkers and recipients are selected by a committee, which is composed of their peers.
2020 Awards of Excellence ceremonies
October 21, 2020:
MCHF Award of Excellence for Administrative and Clinical Support Staff and Professional Staff
October 28, 2020:
DGDM Family Foundation Community Leadership and Volunteer Award of Excellence
October 29, 2020:
Pfizer Research Award of Excellence
November 3, 2020:
Gustav Levinschi Nursing Award of Excellence
November 6, 2020:
TD Bank Group Teamwork Award of Excellence
November 12, 2020:
National Bank Medical Award of Excellence
Congratulations to the Recipients of the 2020 Awards of Excellence!
- Jonathan Amiel, Recipient of the DGDM Family Foundation Community Leadership and Volunteer Award of Excellence
- Sharon Taylor-Ducharme, Recipient of the Gustav Levinschi Nursing Award of Excellence
- Frédéric De Civita, Recipient of the Montreal Children's Hospital Foundation Professional Staff Award of Excellence
- Margaret Kula, Recipient of the Montreal Children's Hospital Foundation Administrative and Clinical Support Staff Award of Excellence
- Dr. Hema Patel, Recipient of the National Bank Medical Award of Excellence
- Dr. Christine McCusker, Recipient of the Pfizer Research Award of Excellence
- Administrative Staff of Ambulatory Services Clinics, Recipient of the TD Bank Group Teamwork Award of Excellence
The following criteria must be considered when submitting your nomination.
- Nominees should be members of the Children’s community.
- Nominees must have made an outstanding contribution to the Children’s and to the health and well-being of young patients and their families.
- Nominations may be made across all disciplines.
- Select your nomination from the category descriptions. The foundation reserves the right to transfer the nominee to a category it deems more appropriate.
- Please include all pertinent documents including the completed nomination form and two additional endorsements (name and contact information) by peers or hospital staff. You may also include the nominee’s CV or a short bio, should you feel it would strengthen the nomination.
Administrative and Clinical Support Staff
Awarded to a member of the administrative and clinical support staff who has demonstrated remarkable initiative in improving the well-being of patients and/or in enhancing the quality of life at work.
Awarded to a physician whose exceptional patient care, superior knowledge, teaching skills and accessibility to the hospital community are an inspiration to others.
Nicolas W. Matossian Junior Community
Awarded to a child or adolescent whose exemplary initiative has made a significant difference to the well-being of his/her peers. The award is named in honour of Nicolas W. Matossian, whose courageous battle with his illness inspired other children to give back.
Awarded to a manager and/or professional staff member whose knowledge and devotion have significantly improved the quality of life and/or quality of care for the children and families that the hospital serves.
Awarded to a researcher from our hospital community whose initiatives have made a unique and significant contribution to pediatric care.
Awarded to a nurse whose dedication to the pediatric mission serves as a model. This recipient has provided outstanding care to children and their families with exceptional knowledge coupled with unique teaching and mentoring abilities.
Community Leadership and Volunteer
Awarded to an influential volunteer in the community who has advocated for our hospital and whose contribution to the Children’s has been marked by exceptional leadership and service.
Awarded to the group who exemplifies teamwork and whose knowledge and devotion have significantly improved the quality of life and/or quality of care for the children and families that the hospital serves.
For more information, please contact Elizabeth.
Awards are in the amount of $40,000 and will be disbursed as follows:
- Each recipient will receive up to $1,000 to use at his/her discretion.
- $9,000 will be directed towards an area of need in the hospital chosen by the recipient.
- The remaining $15,000 will be used to help the hospital meet its most urgent priorities.
You can be part of an exclusive group of sponsors for the Awards of Excellence, intended to recognize the outstanding work being done at the Children’s. You will have a unique opportunity to directly deliver the prize to your recipient and meet the most influential members of the Children's community.
Funds raised through the Awards of Excellence go to the Healthy Kids Fund, which supports research, teaching and clinical care.
Seize this wonderful opportunity to invest in the health of children and promote your corporate image.
To sponsor an Award of Excellence or to receive the sponsorship package, please contact Angela Vahaviolos.