Awards of Excellence
Awards of Excellence
For nearly 115 years, the Montreal Children’s Hospital has relied on the work of outstanding professionals who go above and beyond to create a unique environment of love, healing and bonding for the Children’s young patients. Every year, this work is recognized through the Awards of Excellence, presented to the hospital personnel and community leaders who set the standards for excellence in their fields. Candidates are nominated by their coworkers and recipients are selected by a committee, which is composed of their peers.
Nominations are now open for 2020!
Which of your coworkers personifies excellence? Tell us before December 20th!
You are invited to nominate candidates for the 2020 edition of the Awards of Excellence for the following categories :
- Administrative and Clinical Support Staff
- Professional Staff
An interdisciplinary committee of hospital personnel, including last year’s recipients, will review the nominations submitted and select the recipient of each award.
For more information, please contact Elizabeth.
The following criteria must be considered when submitting your nomination.
- Nominees should be members of the Children’s community.
- Nominees must have made an outstanding contribution to the Children’s and to the health and well-being of young patients and their families.
- Nominations may be made across all disciplines.
- Select your nomination from the category descriptions. The foundation reserves the right to transfer the nominee to a category it deems more appropriate.
- Please include all pertinent documents including the completed nomination form and two additional endorsements (name and contact information) by peers or hospital staff. You may also include the nominee’s CV or a short bio, should you feel it would strengthen the nomination.
Administrative and Clinical Support Staff
Awarded to a member of the administrative and clinical support staff who has demonstrated remarkable initiative in improving the well-being of patients and/or in enhancing the quality of life at work.
Awarded to a physician whose exceptional patient care, superior knowledge, teaching skills and accessibility to the hospital community are an inspiration to others.
Nicolas W. Matossian Junior Community
Awarded to a child or adolescent whose exemplary initiative has made a significant difference to the well-being of his/her peers. The award is named in honour of Nicolas W. Matossian, whose courageous battle with his illness inspired other children to give back.
Awarded to a manager and/or professional staff member whose knowledge and devotion have significantly improved the quality of life and/or quality of care for the children and families that the hospital serves.
Awarded to a researcher from our hospital community whose initiatives have made a unique and significant contribution to pediatric care.
Awarded to a nurse whose dedication to the pediatric mission serves as a model. This recipient has provided outstanding care to children and their families with exceptional knowledge coupled with unique teaching and mentoring abilities.
Community Leadership and Volunteer
Awarded to an influential volunteer in the community who has advocated for our hospital and whose contribution to the Children’s has been marked by exceptional leadership and service.
Awarded to the group who exemplifies teamwork and whose knowledge and devotion have significantly improved the quality of life and/or quality of care for the children and families that the hospital serves.
Awards are in the amount of $25,000 and will be disbursed as follows:
- Each recipient will receive up to $1,000 to use at his/her discretion.
- $9,000 will be directed towards an area of need in the hospital chosen by the recipient.
- The remaining $15,000 will be used to help the hospital meet its most urgent priorities.
- Each recipient will also receive two complimentary tickets to the Ball for the Children’s.
The 2020 Awards of Excellence will be presented in the P.K. Subban Atrium at the Children’s in September 2020. Recipients will also be honoured at the Ball for the Children’s.
You can be part of an exclusive group of sponsors for the Awards of Excellence, intended to recognize the outstanding work being done at the Children’s. You will have a unique opportunity to directly deliver the prize to your recipient and meet the most influential members of the Children's community.
Funds raised through the Awards of Excellence go to the Healthy Kids Fund, which supports research, teaching and clinical care.
Seize this wonderful opportunity to invest in the health of children and promote your corporate image.
To sponsor an Award of Excellence or to receive the sponsorship package, please contact Angela Vahaviolos.
Congratulations to the Recipients of the 2019 Awards of Excellence!
Read the article: Congratulations to the Recipients of the 2019 Awards of Excellence!
- Alyssa Barbarush, Recipient of the Air Canada Foundation Nicolas W. Matossian Junior Community Award of Excellence
- Michèle Paquette, Recipient of the Bell Coup de coeur Award of Excellence – Mental Health
- Bruce Charron, Recipient of the Broccolini Community Leadership and Volunteer Award of Excellence
- Michele Zegray, Recipient of the Gustav Levinschi Foundation Nursing Award of Excellence
- Lisa Grilli, Recipient of the Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation Professional Staff Award of Excellence
- Dr. David Mitchell, Recipient of the National Bank Medical Award of Excellence
- Dr. Daniel Dufort, Recipient of the Pfizer Research Award of Excellence
- Amanda Fitzgerald, Recipient of the TFI International Administrative and Clinical Support Staff Award of Excellence
- The Occupational Therapy Team, Recipient of the Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation Teamwork Award of Excellence